Masterclass EFT for complex trauma
met Antonio Pascual-Leone (CA).
Psychotherapy clients with histories of childhood abuse and complex relational trauma are ubiquitous, and have notoriously high drop-out rates. These clients have been unable to heal past emotional injuries and often have difficulty handling exposure-based therapies, which usually are not designed for attachment related problems. Successful therapy requires helping clients access and explore painful feelings in order to modify maladaptive emotions. Emotion-Focused Therapy for Trauma (EFTT) is the only empirically-verified treatment for both men and women suffering from complex trauma, and the only research-based treatment for trauma outside of CBT.
This 2-day workshop will:
- Present theory on treating complex trauma, PTSD, and survivors of child abuse.
- Identify steps in the process of resolving past relational issues, as well as key ideas about case formulation, and emotion-focused theory for understanding trauma.
- Discuss selected research, particularly as related to the change process and implications for practice.
- Give video examples of expert therapists, and case vignettes, related to the treatment of complex trauma. Specifically these will demonstrate the use of methods inspired by gestalt for dialoguing with imagined significant others in an empty chair.
- Provide hands-on practice in small groups and personalized supervision in the use of these emotion-focused interventions.
About the presenter and trainer:
Antonio Pascual-Leone, PhD, is a psychologist and a clinical associate professor. He completed his Masters at Université de Toulouse (France; 1998), and a Ph.D. with Dr. Les Greenberg at York University (Canada; 2005). He is most known for his publications on the process and outcome of psychotherapy, as well as research on training psychotherapists. In collaboration with Dr. Paivio, he co-authored Emotion Focused Therapy for Complex Trauma, (2010, APA books). In 2009 he received the New Researcher Award from the international Societyfor the Exploration of Psychotherapy Integration. In 2010, the American Psychological Association (Div. 29) honored him with a Distinguished Publication Award for: “Best empirical research article of the year.” Dr. Pascual-Leone is director of the Emotion Change Lab at the University of Windsor. He is also a returning faculty member at the Emotion Focused Therapy Clinic at York University. He keeps a private practice in Windsor, working with adults and couples.
Docenten: Antonio-Pascual-Leone (CA) & Kurt Renders
Datum: maandag 18 en dinsdag 19 maart 2019.
Locatie: Huis van de sport, Boomgaardstraat 22, 2018 Antwerpen
Kosten: € 395,- (KMO-portefeuille kan gebruikt worden), inclusief hand-outs en dranken tijdens de pauze. Lunch is niet inbegrepen. Deze opleiding gaat door samen met studenten van 4-jarige EFT opleiding.
Toelatingsvoorwaarden: minstens een EFT level 1 hebben afgerond.
Meer informatie: Kurt Renders: 03/2370073 of
Inschrijven: deze opleiding is volzet. U kan zich aanmelden op de wachtlijst in geval er een plaats zou vrijkomen. Aanmelden voor de wachtlijst kan via mail naar Kurt Renders.